On 25th of March, AGRRA organized the Mulitplier event within the project „Apprenticeship HUBs in agro-food sector“. Due to the epidemiological situation and measures, the event was organized online via application Teams. Morethan 100 participants participated in the event, mostly from public and private sector. The Mulitplier event was an opportunity to present project’s activities and achieved results. It also marked an end of the project which lasted from 31st of December 2018 until 30th of March 2021.
Hubs project has successfully managed to create 4 Hubs in Croatia, Greece, Italy and Hungary. Each
HUB is a structure that has as a primary goal to increase the
offer of apprenticeship positions in small and
medium agricultural establishments and small food industries.
They provide support services to VET providers, companies and VET students (regarding the organization of apprenticeships) and also match offer and demand for such positions.
IDEC SA and INASO-PASEGES co-organized a workshop to present the Apphubs project. The workshop was held during the conference titled Hydroponics Today, on the 3rd of March, at the European Museum of decorative bread in Varnavas, Attica.
49 people attended the workshop, among them:
- VET teachers and educators
- VET students
- Members from agricultural companies
- Hydroponics researchers
- Agricultural organisations
- Policy makers
- Centre for research and technology
The first capacity building meeting for the staff of the App HUB project was successfully conducted from the 18th to the 22nd of February 2020 in Florence, Italy.
Besides Regione Toscana which was the hosting organization, there were also representatives of all the project’s partners.
During those 4 productive days, a plethora of activities took place:
- A hands-on tutorial on the proper use of apprenticeshiphub.eu, both from the admin’s and the user’s perspective.
A significant part of the workshop was dedicated to the Positions section, the platform for submitting calls for new apprenticeship positions openings, which is going to be one of the project’s most essential elements.
- The Apprenticeship Hubs operation manual was presented, discussed and finalized among the team.
This particular document is going to be the main guide throughout the creation and the establishment of the national HUBs.
- A group visit was organized to the Ruffino winery, one of the most recognizable Toscany based brands worldwide, in order to receive a first-hand feedback on their apprenticeship program and, of course, to take a peek into the backstage of this historic establishment.
- A series of good practice presentations, task reports and discussions on the project’s next steps that boosted the workflow and kept everyone up to date.
Special thanks to the Regione Toscana apprentices who provided us with some great culinary creations and a great hospitality.
After the meeting was over, they were all awarded certificates of attendance and special gift bags. It was a symbolic and adherent to the project’s ideas move, inspired by our exceptional host Regione Toscana, that maximized the meeting’s efficiency and quality.
Apart from the above, it was the team bonding, both inside and outside the official meetings, that really kept the team going, got us to know each other even better, and gave a great push in order for the project’s goals to be fulfilled at their fullest in the future!
Until then.. Arrivederci!
The second meeting of the Erasmus+ project Apprenticeship HUBs in agro-food sector took place at the offices of Νεα πασεγες in Athens, Greece. The meeting was combined with a workshop on Quality Assurance for Apprenticeships, where partners elaborated on the first version of the Apprenticeship Hub model for the agro-food sector.
Through the project, four pilot Apprenticeship HUBs will be created in Croatia, Greece, Italy and Hungary. They will have as a primary goal to increase the offer of apprenticeship positions in agricultural establishments and small food industries and will provide support services to VET providers, companies and VET students, on organising apprenticeships.
The kick-off meeting of the Erasmus+ project Apprenticeship HUBs in agro-food sector took place on the 12th and 13th of February 2019, in the premises of AGRRA in Croatia.
Partner presented their organisations and planned the first activities for the implementation of the project.
The key objectives of the AppHUBs project are:
- to increase the offer of high-quality apprenticeship places in agricultural and food sector, by engaging small farms and small food industries in apprenticeships;
- to build sustainable partnerships between VET providers and employers/farmers at local and transnational level;
- to build capacity of VET providers and employers/farmers in organizing and hosting apprenticeships;
- to increase transnational mobility and work placements of VET students in agriculture.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Site created by IDEC SA